2-50.1. TROOP/CARGO WINTERIZATION HEATER
Troop/cargo winterization heater is for use during extremely cold
temperatures from 0F (-18C) to -50F (-46C).
Do not operate troop/cargo heater in ambient temperatures above
0F (-18C), or with fan switch in HI position, when temperature is
above -25F (-32C). Damage to equipment will result.
Heater may be operated with engine running or engine off.
b. Starting Heater.
(1) Set heater fan switch (3) to LO position.
(2) Move heater control switch (2) to START position and hold for
approximately two minutes or until heater starts and heater indicator light (1)
(3) When heater starts, move heater control switch (2) to RUN position.
The heater indicator light (1) will remain illuminated.
(4) Set heater fan switch (3) to desired position (HI or LO).
c. If Heater Fails to Start:
If the start switch is moved from the START to RUN position too
quickly, the heater flame will be extinguished and the heater will
(1) Move heater control switch (2) to OFF position for 10 seconds, and then
back to START for 60 seconds. Repeat procedure if heater doesn't start.
If heater indicator light works and heater still fails to start in
approximately three minutes, service is required
(2) Press heater indicator light (1) to test electrical circuit.
d. Shutting Heater Off.
Move heater control switch (2) to OFF.
The heater indicator light will remain on and the fan will continue
to run until the heater has purged itself of fuel.