Section V. CARGO/TROOP CARRIER AND
S250 SHELTER CARRIER OPERATION
a. This section provides operating instructions for components found on M1113
and M1152 shelter carriers.
to para. 2-2a for stowage location
of fire extinguisher
on S250 shelter
carrier. Refer to para. 2-29 for operation of fire extinguisher.
2-52. CARGO/TROOP CARRIER AND S250 SHELTER CARRIER
OPERATION REFERENCE INDEX
Windshield Assembly Operation
Troop Seat Kit Operation (M1152)
Removal and Installation of Two-Man Crew Area
Soft Top Enclosure
Removal and Installation of Troop Area Soft Top
Removal and Installation of Four-Man Crew Area Soft Top
and Arctic Soft Top Enclosures
Removal and Installation of Four-Man Cargo Area Soft Top
Removal and Installation of S250 Shelter Carrier
Rear Suspension Tiedown Kit
Do not operate vehicle without windshield assembly positioned upright and
the B-pillar securely attached. Operation of vehicle without these structures
in place may result in injury to personnel and damage to equipment.
Before lowering windshield on vehicles equipped with retention
bracket, the windshield retention bracket must be removed. Notify
a. Lowering Windshield Assembly.
(1) Remove two hitch pins (3) from inside hinge pins (4) and remove hinge pins (4).
(2) Lower windshield assembly (5) to hood and secure windshield assembly (5)
to four footman loops (2) with two straps (1).
b. Raising Windshield Assembly.
(1) Remove two straps (1) from four footman loops (2) securing windshield
assembly (5) to hood.
(2) Raise windshield assembly (5).
Notify unit maintenance to install windshield retention bracket.
(3) Secure windshield assembly (5) with two inside hinge pins (4) and hitch pins (3).