3-15. AIR CLEANER SERVICING (EMERGENCY PROCEDURE) (Cont'd)
c. Air Filter Element Cleaning.
Do not strike ends of filter element on hard surface, or damage to
filter element may result.
(1) Hold filter element (1) with open end facing ground.
(2) Gently tap completely around filter element (1) with hand to free trapped dirt.
d. Filter Element Installation.
The turbocharged engine requires a 420CFM filter element. Use of
any other filter element will damage equipment.
(1) Remove clamp (2) and cover (3) from air cleaner assembly (5).
(2) Position filter element (1) into air cleaner assembly (5) and secure
element (1) to stud (6) with nut and washer assembly (4).
When clamp is secured to end of air cleaner, ensure clamp screw is
between three and six o'clock positions to prevent damaging hood
when hood is closed.
Perform step 3.1 for vehicles with new over-center clamp
(3) Install cover (3) and clamp (2) on end of air cleaner assembly (5) and
tighten clamp screw (7).
(3.1) Install cover (3) on air cleaner assembly (5) and secure with over-center