(1) Remove all buildup of dirt, grease, etc., by wiping with a soft cloth.
Cleaning solvent (Fed Spec PD-680) is toxic and flammable. Use
solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing
of vapors. Keep solvent away from flame. Do not use solvent in
(2) Clean using a clean, soft cloth or a medium-bristle brush and cleaning solvent (PD-680) (item 18,
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect for loose, missing, or damaged hardware.
(2) Inspect wiring for damaged, deteriorated insulation and broken or frayed conductor.
(3) Inspect for cracked, broken, or crazed lens.
(4) Inspect door and body for dents, holes, worn spots, scratches, marred finish, cracks, rust and
j. Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of unserviceable parts.
k. Assembly. Reassemble taillight using the appropriate exploded view figure and reversing the