Section Vll. REPAIR AND REBUILD OF WOOD DECKING
This section covers instructions for repair and rebuild of wood decking (fIoor boards)on M127, M128 and
M129 series semitrailer.
a. The wood decking can be repaired by cutting out any damaged section of floor board and replacing it
with a new board of same width and length. Similarly, damaged metal wear strips can be cut to size for
b. Replace any damaged bolt with bolt of same size and length.
a . Materials Required.
Approximately 250 linear feet of wood decking boards is required for complete deck replacement.
The metal wear strips are available in thirty foot lengths and may be cut to size.
All items for repair and redecking of the vehicle are available through normal supply channels and
are identified as follows:
Bolt, Carriage, 5/16 X 2
Bolt, Carriage, 5/16 X 3
Nut, Plain Hex, 5/16
Washer, Lock, 5/16
Strip, FIoor, 30 Ft Lgth
Hardwood, 2" X 8"
MlL-W-3912D, Class A
b . Rebuild.
(1) Groove replacement board to accept metal strip.
(2) Lay board in place with end resting on crossmember, making sure adjacent boards do not end on
the same crossmember. Staggering the boards will increase the overall deck strength.
(3) Fit metal strip into grooved board at edge
(4) Drill holes through strip and board at edge of each crossmember as the clip will overlap the cross-
(5) Insert bolts from above, through recess in strip channel and hole in floor board.
(6) Attach clips, washers and nuts from underneath crossmembers.