EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTIONS II AND III) - CONTINUED.
(3) Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes are assigned to Item Indicate the disposition action on unserviceable
items The recoverability code Is entered in the fifth position of the SMR code as follows
-Nonreparable Item When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the
item at the level of maintenance shown in the 3d position of the SMR
- Reparable item When uneconomically reparable, condemn and
of the item at unit maintenance or aviation unit level
- Reparable Item When uneconomically reparable, condemn and
of the Item at the direct support or aviation Intermediate level
- Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and
dispose of the item at the general support level.
- Reparable Item When beyond lower level repair capability, return to
depot Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized below depot
- Reparable item Condemnation and disposal of Item not authorized
below specialized repair activity (SRA)
- Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of
specific reasons (e g, precious metal content, high dollar value, critical
material, or hazardous material).
Refer to appropriate
for specific Instructions
c. CAGEC [Column (3)]. The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit alphanumeric
code which is used to Identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item
When you use an NSN to requisition an Item, the Item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
d. PART NUMBER [Column (4)]. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the Item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and Inspection requirements to Identify an Item or range of Items
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) [Column (5)]. This column includes the following information.
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to Identify the item
(2) Physical security classification Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are Included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set on Figure KIT
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled Item are listed Immediately following the assembled Item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced In this column In the line Item entry for the Item to be
(6) When the Item Is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown on
the last line(s) of the description (before UOC) Not Applicable
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph F-5, Special Information)
Change 1 F-4