Under no circumstances shall speeds exceed the
55 mph/88 km/h
20 mph/32 km/h
10 mph/16 km/h
Failure to observe the above may result in personnel
injury and damage to equipment.
LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
a. Right Front of Semitrailer.
(1) FRONT PANEL - Constructed of steel. It has the nose box and the manifest
box mounted on the front side. When carrying breakbulk cargo with the side
racks installed, it will keep the load from shifting forward.
(2) MANIFEST BOX - Used to store the cargo manifests.
(3) NOSE BOX - Contains the electrical and air line connections. The nose box
also contains the electrical parts required for proper operation of the
(4) KINGPIN - Connects the semitrailer to the fifth wheel of the towing
(5) LIFT POINT - Used to lift the semitrailer with a sling hoist.
(6) LANDING LEGS - Manually extended when the semitrailer is unhooked from the
towing vehicle and manually retracted when the towing vehicle is hooked up.
(7) TIRE CARRIER - Carries the spare tire.
(8) TANDEM AXLES - Consists of the suspension system, brake system, axles and
(9) FRAME - Constructed of steel with a wooden floor. Provides the load
bearing surface, mounting for the axles, suspension and the kingpin.
(10) LANDING GEAR AND CRANK - Two speed gearbox for ease in extending or
retracting landing legs.
(11) DECAL - Towing vehicle restriction.