M871, M871A1, Right Front View
Left Rear of the Semitrailer.
It is bolted to the chassis for easy
(1) FLOOR - Constructed of wood.
(2) LIFT POINT - Used to lift the semitrailer with a sling hoist.
(3) CHOCK BLOCKS - Stored on both sides of the semitrailer. Used to chock the
wheels when the towing vehicle is unhooked, to prevent movement.
(4) RUBBER BUMPERS - Prevent damage to the semitrailer and the dock when
loading or unloading.
(5) SERVICE LIGHTS - Contain the clearance, composite and stop, turn and
(6) BUMPER - Prevents damage to the suspension when backing the semitrailer
into the dock.
(7) MUD FLAPS - Keep mud and water from being splashed off the rear tires
during rainy weather. Mud flaps also keep most of the rocks thrown up when
traveling unimproved roads from being thrown off to the rear.
The side racks mount to
(8) SIDE RACKS - Used when carrying breakbulk cargo.