(2) Do not pull bearings or bushings unless damaged. If you must get at parts
behind them, pull out bearings or bushings carefully.
(3) Replace all gaskets, seals, and packings.
(1) The cleaning instructions will be the same for the majority of parts and
components which make up the semitrailer.
(2) The importance of cleaning must be thoroughly understood by maintenance
personnel. Great care and effort are required in cleaning. Dirt and
foreign material are a constant threat to satisfactory maintenance. The
following should apply to all cleaning, inspection, repair and assembly
Dry cleaning solvent (PD-680) is both toxic and
flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Avoid
skin contact. Use only in a well ventilated area.
Keep away from open flame. Flash point of solvent is
(a) Clean all parts before inspection, after repair and before assembly.
(b) Hands should be kept free of any accumulation of grease, which can
collect dust, dirt or grit.
(c) After cleaning, all parts should be covered or wrapped to protect them
from dust and dirt. Parts which are subject to rust should be lightly
Use extreme caution while using steam cleaning
equipment to avoid potentially serious burns. To
prevent injury, user must wear protective goggles or
face shield when using steam cleaning equipment.
(1) Protect all electrical equipment which could be damaged by the steam or
moisture before steam cleaning the exterior of the semitrailer.
(2) Place disassembled parts in a suitable container to steam clean.
(3) After cleaning, dry and apply light coat of oil to all parts subject to