(4) Disconnect three terminals in 24 volt junction box on right rear of
(5) Tie a piece of .020 lockwire (1, fig. 4-17) that is at least 400 inches (34
feet) long to the terminals (2) extended out of the rear of the
(6) Pull the cable out from the front of the semitrailer.
not pull the
lockwire out. It is needed to reinstall the cable.
b. Repair. Repair is limited to replacement of damaged wires (Appendix G)
Figure 4-17. Removing Wiring Harness
(1) Tie the end of the lockwire (1, fig. 4-17) that was fed through the frame
during removal to the terminals (2) of the cable.
(2) Feed the cable into the frame hole while pulling the lockwire out the
(3) Connect wiring harness to appropriate junction box terminals as shown in
(6) Connect electrical power and test for proper operation.
TASK ENDS HERE