WIRING HARNESSES (M871Al)
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
Tags (item 15,
Disconnect all outside power before performing any
maintenance on the electrical system. Failure to do so
could result in injury.
Front Wirinq Harness Removal.
(1) Disconnect amber clearance light cable connectors on each side of the
semitrailer by reaching underneath the trailer.
(2) Remove the front amber clearance lights.
(3) Remove front nose box cover assembly. Tag and disconnect the wires to the
front harness from the terminal board.
(4) Remove front wiring harness through the holes in the front of the kingpin
--. Rear Wiring Harness Removal.
(1) Disconnect clearance, tail and composite light connectors on rear and side
(2) Disconnect coupling between rear wiring harness and main wiring harness.
(3) Remove rear wiring harness.
--. Main Wirinq Harness Removal.
(1) Remove front nose box cover assembly.
Tag and disconnect wires from
(2) Disconnect coupling between rear harness and main harness.
(3) Remove main wiring harness.