(1) Install gladhand packing (7, fig. 4-28) in gladhand (5).
(2) Connect gladhand (5) and gladhand elbow (6).
On the M871A1 semitrailer, the service side has an
elbow (2) and the emergency side has a straight
(3) Install gladhand (5) and elbow (2) into position.
(4) Install two washers (4) and two screws (3).
On the M871A1 semitrailer, the two washers (4) and
screws (3) are on the inside of the nose box.
(5) Connect air line (1) to elbow (2).
(6) Repeat steps 1 through 4 for other gladhand, if removed.
(9) Pressurize air brake system.
TASK ENDS HERE
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit and common supplement II