This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
--. Crank Removal.
The frame must be firmly supported to prevent shifting
of the semitrailer. Shifting may cause serious injury
to personnel and damage to equipment.
The landing legs on the M871 semitrailer are
cylindrical. The landing legs on the M871A1
semitrailer are square.
(1) Block semitrailer on jack stands.
(2) Block wheels with chock blocks to prevent movement of semitrailer.
(3) Remove float pads from brackets for easier access to landing legs.
(4) Remove nut (1, fig. 4-53), washer (2), bolt (3) and washer (4).
The seal (6) is on the M871 semitrailer only.
(5) Remove crank (5) and seal (6).
--ear Box Removal (M871).
The gear box on the M871A1 semitrailer is welded to the
landing leg and cannot be removed.