-- ar Axle Removal.
The semitrailer must be supported adequately to prevent
shifting. Shifting may cause serious injury to
personnel and damage to equipment.
(1) Support main frame of semitrailer and front axle.
(2) Turn the slack adjuster nut (1, fig. 5-1) on the slack adjuster (2)
counterclockwise to release spring forces. Repeat for other side of axle.
(3) Tag and disconnect air hoses from the emergency relay and multi-function
(4) Remove screw (1, fig. 5-2) from hose clamp (2) on suspension support
bracket (3). Repeat for other three hose clamps.
(5) Remove hose separators (4) from air hoses (5).
(6) Tag and disconnect air hoses from rear spring brake chambers.
(7) Remove four nuts (1, fig. 5-3), washers (2) and bolts (3). Repeat for
other side of axle.
(8) Remove four nuts (4), washers (5) and two u-bolts (6). Repeat for other
side of axle.