It is essential that torque values be maintained to
insure proper operation of the suspension system. The
torque values of the suspension bolts and nuts must be
checked after the initial break-in period of 1,000
miles (1,600 km) and every three months thereafter.
Failure to do so may cause injury to personnel, damage
to equipment and will void the warranty.
(2) Install two large trunnion cap u-bolts (11), four washers (10) and nuts (9)
to secure spring (4) to trunnion tube. Torque to 880 lb ft (1192 Nm).
(3) Install spring cap (8) on each side of spring (4).
(4) Install two spring cap u-bolts (7), four washers (6) and nuts (5) on each
side of spring cap (8). Torque to 300 lb ft (408 Nm).
Inspect flange on spring seat cap to determine if
socket will fit on bolt. It may be necessary to grind
only enough flange so socket will fit over the head of
the bolt properly.
(5) Install four spring cap bolts (3), washers (2) and nuts (1) to each side of
spring (4). Torque to 180 lb ft (244 Nm).
(7) Remove axle and frame supports.
TASK ENDS HERE
This task covers: