General mechanics tool kit and common supplement II
The frame must be firmly supported to prevent shifting
of the semitrailer . Shifting may cause serious injury
to personnel and damage to equipment.
(1) Support both sides of frame.
(2) Using a suitable lifting device, raise semitrailer slightly.
(3) Remove four nuts (1, fig. 5-11), washers (2) and two large u-bolts (3) from
each set of springs (4).
(4) Lower semitrailer slightly.
Axles will support spring assemblies.
(5) Remove upper trunnion caps (5) and lower trunnion caps (6).
bolts (9) from each trunnion hanger
(6) Remove two nuts (7), washers (8) and
(10) (welded to frame).
(7) Remove teflon bushing (11) and washer (12) from each side of trunnion tube
(13) . Clean teflon bushing (11) and washer (12).
(8) Clean trunnion tube (13). It may be necessary to use sandpaper to remove
rust. Thoroughly lubricate trunnion tube after cleaning.
(9) Remove trunnion tube (13).