TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
HOSE, TUBING AND FITTINGS (AIR AND HYDRAULIC) (cont)
INSTALLATION OF HYDRAULIC HOSE
1. Insert externally threaded end of hose (1) in tee (2) on axle and tighten until snug. Do not cross thread.
2. Place slotted clip in groove on hose end and press downward until clip stops.
3. Insert tube in hose and screw tube fitting nut into hose until snug.
4. With brakes applied, wipe all connections clean and check for leaks.
REMOVAL OF TUBE FITTING
1. Unscrew tube nut from tube fitting.
2. Serviceable tube fittings and tube nuts may be
reused, but compression sleeves must be
INSTALLATION OF TUBE FITTING
1. Cut tubing with hacksaw or tube cutter, making
sure end is smooth and cut squarely with tubing
wall. Do not crimp or partially close ends.
2. Ream and file tubing end to remove burrs. Blow
out to remove cuttings or filings.
3. Place nut and new sleeve on tube and insert end
of tube into recess in fitting body.
4. Hold tube at bottom of recess and tighten tube
nut until sufficient pressure is placed on sleeve
to prevent leakage. Do not cross thread.