(4) Slide shell (4) and sleeve (6) off wire lead (3). Discard shell (4) and
(5) Using wire stripper, strip insulation from wire lead (3) 1/8-inch (3.2 mm)
F e m a l e connector repair
(6) Slide new shell (4) and sleeve (6) on wire lead (3).
compound to end of wire lead (3).
( 7 ) S l i d e new terminal (5) on wire lead (3), and using crimping tool, crimp
(8) Slide shell (4) and sleeve (6) down over terminal (5) until seated.
(9) Apply insulation compound to outside of female connector (1).
connectors (1 and 2) together until seated.
( 1 0 ) Connect power.
Turn on semitrailer lights and check for proper operation.
Circuit Marker Band Replacement.
( 1 ) Open tab ends o f marker band (7,
D i s c a r d marker
( 2 ) U s i n g e t c h i n g t o o l , etch proper number on new marker band (7).
(figure 4-18 through 4-21).
(3) P l a c e m a r k e r b a n d ( 7 ) o n w i r e l e a d ( 3 ) .
Using crimping tool, bend tab
ends (8) over wire (3).