(1) Unscrew connector nut at rear of air hose coupling (figure 2-5) and slide
nut back on air line tubing.
(2) Unscrew nut at front of crossmember, until pressure has been relieved on
(3) Unscrew nut (back of crossmember) on nipple connecting air line tubing to
(4) Withdraw air hose coupling, with nipple, from front crossmember.
(5) Remove nut, lockwasher and identification plate from nipple. Separate
coupling and nipple.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent (PD-680) is both toxic and
flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Avoid
skin contact. Use only in a well ventilated area.
Flashpoint of solvent is
Keep away from open flame.
1 3 8 F (59C).
(1) Clean metal parts of air hose coupling with dry cleaning solvent (PD-680).
Check for damage to air hose coupling.
(2) Allow to dry.
(3) If gladhand packing is damaged, pry out of air hose coupling. Install new
(1) Apply teflon tape to threads at ends of nipple.
S c r e w nipple into air hose
Install nut and lockwasher on nipple.
Make certain identification plates are on proper air
l i n e s . T h e plate marked SERVICE must be on right side
c o u p l i n g . The plate marked EMERGENCY must be on left
(2) Position identification plate over opening in front crossmember. Insert
assembled coupling and nipple through plate and opening.
(3) Position air line tubing against nipple in coupling and tighten nut.