1. OIL CAN POINTS, Semiannually, or as required,
5. TRUNNION AXLE. Lubricate two fittings with
lubricate handbrakes, latches, Iever assemblies, and
linkage with appropriate PL.
6. INERTIA BRAKE ACTUATOR (XM979 AND
2. DO NOT lubricate springs and leveling jacks.
XM1061), Remove two plugs. Lubricate two fittings
3. REACH TUBE (XM979, XM1061, AND
XM1073). Fully extend reach tube and apply heavy
7. HANDBRAKE LEVER. Lubricate handbrake le-
ver and linkage with appropriate PL.
coat of GAA.
4. MASTER CYLINDERS.
8. WHEEL BEARINGS. Annually, remove, clean,
and pack with GAA (TM 9-214).
9. SPARE TIRE CARRIER. Apply coat of GAA to
Do not overfill master cylinders.
a. Inertia Brake System. Remove reach tube plug
and master cylinder filler plug and fill to within in.
(13 mm) from top with BFS.
b. Air/Hydraulic Brake System. Remove master
cylinder filler cap and fill to within in. (13 mm) from
top with BFS.