SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS (PMCS) (CONT)
When operating with Class I or Class II leaks, continue to check fluid levels in
addition to that required in PMCS. Parts without fluid will stop working and/or
cause damage to the equipment.
Seepage of fluid (as indicated by wetness or discoloration) not great enough to form drops.
Leakage of fluid great enough to form drops but not enough to cause drops to drip from the
item being checked or inspected.
CLASS III -
Leakage of fluid great enough to form drops that drip from the item being checked or inspected.
c. Access APU for PMCS.
(1) At rear of gooseneck, unhook step retainer (1) and raise step section (2) up and forward.
(2) Secure step section (2) in upright position by hooking top step retainer (3) to strap (4) on step section (2).
d. Close APU cover.
(1) Unhook strap (4) and lower step section (2) to normal position.
(2) Secure step section (2) in place by hooking step retainer (1) to catch on fixed bottom step section.
e. Operate APU during PMCS.
(1) Once APU has been inspected in accordance with item 6 a thru g, start APU and allow it to continue running
until PMCS is complete.
(2) At completion of PMCS, turn off the APU, unless it is needed for tasks such as ramp or deck adjustments, in
which case allow APU to continue running.