ADJUSTING PLATFORM HEIGHT (CONT)
With semitrailer uncoupled and gladhand dummy couplings installed, parking
brakes cannot be applied with brake release valve. The dummy coupling must be
removed from the emergency (red) glandhand prior to applying parking brakes or
injury to personnel may result.
(4) Reapply semitrailer parking brakes using semitrailer brake valve on tractor, if coupled, if semitrailer is
uncoupled, remove dummy coupling from emergency (red) gladhand. Apply brakes on semitrailer by pulling
knob on brake release valve (para. 2-8) outward. If no other braking applications are required, install dummy
coupling onto emergency gladhand.
(5) Move wheel chocks (3) back into place in front and behind tires.
OPERATING LOADING RAMPS
When the ramp stow chains are disconnected from the platform, do not stand
behind the ramps or near the path the ramps can travel when being lowered or
raised or serious injury to personnel may result.
The loading ramps may require span width adjustment to accommodate the
intended payload. Adjustment must be accomplished prior to lowering the ramps.
If ramps require adjustment, perform step a. If ramps do not require adjustment,
proceed to step b.
a. Adjust loading ramps as follows:
The following steps apply to either loading ramp. Adjust ramps one at a time.
(1) Release snap (1) and load binder (1.1). Remove stow chain hook (2) from slotted hole (3)in platform.
(2) Connect stow chain hook (2) to foremost (large) mounting hole for aft set of ISO container brackets and close
load binder (1.1).
(3) Remove hitch pin (4) and crowbar (5) from rear of platform below loading ramps. Reinstall hitch pin (4) to
retain remaining isolation valve handle extension.
2-58 Change 3