If gooseneck isolation valve is hard to move, equalize gooseneck hydraulic
pressure by raising gooseneck handle until system pressure reads 1500 psi (10343
kPa), then lowering gooseneck handle until system pressure readings equal the
two front suspension gage pressures.
(25) Push in gooseneck isolation valve handle (6) to RUN position. Be sure handle is pushed inward as far as
(26) If necessary, perform minor deck height adjustments front, then rear, (para. 2-19) which may be required due
to platform suspension relaxing when gooseneck isolation valve handle (6) is pushed inward to RUN position.
(27) Push in suspension shut-off valve handle (7) to SHUT-OFF position. Be sure handle is pushed inward as far
(28) Have tractor operator attempt to pull forward with semitrailer brakes set to ensure steering wedge is set into
tractor fifth wheel and adjusting nut is secure.
(29) Drive tractor/semitrailer ahead in a straight line approximately 60 feet (20m) to check semitrailer tracking.
Repeat step (30) if required until semitrailer properly tracks the tractor.
(30) If semitrailer does not properly track, use manual steering valve (9) to realine steering (para. 2-21).
Change 1 2-79