3. Do not connect angle rear tiedown chain (25) to load binder (18).
(21) Remove hitch pin (26) and crowbar (27) from rear of semitrailer below loading ramps. Reinstall hitch pin (26).
(22) Raise ramps perpendicular to platform and adjust ramp span width to match payload (para. 2-20).
(24) Release semitrailer parking brakes by pushing inward on knob of brake release valve (28).
(25) Adjust platform height (para. 2-19) to loading position as follows:
(a) Raise front of semitrailer to 50 inches (127 cm), top mark on crowbar.
(b) Lower rear of semitrailer to approximately 34 inches (86 cm), bottom mark on crowbar.
(c) Lower rear support legs until feet are in firm contact with the ground. Turn adjusting nut as necessary to
position socket head screw outboard and close cover.
(26) Unhook loading ramp stow chains and lower loading ramps to the ground (para. 2-20).
(27) Apply semitrailer parking brakes by pulling outward on knob of brake release valve (28).
Change 1 2-101