DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING (CONT)
Extreme caution must be used when removing winch cables from payload. Cable
may be under tension or be twisted. If winch cable has tension when removed,
slowly and carefully, using both hands, rotate cable to relieve tension. Do not
allow cable to twist or whip freely or injury to personnel may result.
(50) Winch operator must pull up on DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (35) to pay out drivers side winch cable (36)
until there is enough slack to relieve tension in cable. Release lever (35). Check for twist in drivers side
winch cable (36). Using two persons, remove cotter pin (26) and shouldered pin (27) and remove drivers side
winch cable (36) and shackle (50) from Y-chain (48).
(51) Remove y-chain (48) from payload.
(52) Remove linch pin (45) and keeper pin (46) and open snatch block (6). Remove drivers side winch cable (36),
close snatch block (6), reinstall keeper pin (46), and secure with linch pin (45).
(53) Place snatch block (6) in stowage position, install stow clamp (44), and secure by tightening clamp handle
(54) Attach drivers side winch clevis to upper left recovery eye (15).
2-156 Change 1