2-27. DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING (CONT)
(15) Route both cables through gooseneck cable guides (34). Take slack out of cables.
Failure to retract and latch gooseneck safety rail before operating tractor/trailer will
result in damage to equipment.
(16) Retract and latch gooseneck safety rail (43).
(17) Perform steps (23) thru (28) of paragraph 2-26a to adjust platform height, adjust and lower ramps, and
position remaining curb guides.
(18) With winches in low speed, winch operator must push down on both DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (35) and
PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (23) to move payload slightly forward and reduce pressure on rear payload
chocks (38 and 39). Release levers. Using crowbar, if necessary, remove both rear payload chocks (38 and
39) and position just in front of bogie #4.
(19) Winch operator must pull up on both levers (23 and 35) to allow payload to roll back until firmly in contact with
rear payload chocks (38 and 39). Release both levers (23 and 35).
(20) Disconnect front tiedown chains (40) from payload.
(21) Winch operator must push down both DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (35) and PASSENGER SIDE WINCH
lever (23) to pull payload slightly forward off of rear payload chocks (38 and 39). Remove rear payload
2-162.4 Change 1