2-28. SINGLE WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING (U.S.M.C. ONLY) (CONT)
(4) To position chocks and curb guides, perform steps (8) thru (19) of paragraph 2-26a, except that curb guides
in the first four positions must be installed in third hole inboard from platform edge.
(5) Remove manila rope (1) from platform storage compartment. Starting from front streetside corner of platform,
lay rope (1) along platform back to snatch block (2). Loop rope (1) behind switch block and lay rope (1) along
platform back to front curbside.
(6) Secure both ends of manila rope (1) to front lifting eyes on platform (just behind each gooseneck cylinder on
front of platform).
(7) Lay out tiedown chains and adjust platform and ramps by performing steps (20) thru (28) of paragraph 2-26a.
(8) Loosen clamp handle (3) and move stow clamp (4) off of snatch block (2) to unstow snatch block from
The snatch block is heavy. Two persons are required when handling the snatch
block or injury to personnel may result.
(9) Remove pin (5), nut (6), bolt (7), and snatch block (2) from platform.
2-164 Change 1