2-28. SINGLE WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING (U.S.M.C. ONLY) (CONT)
Keep slight tension on winch cable and rope to keep clevis on winch cable from
catching or getting stuck on platform as it is pulled under payload.
(8) Winch operator must start paying out winch cable (11). Spotter at rear of platform must pull rope (1) and
winch cable (11) as cable is payed out and passes under payload until winch cable reaches end of platform.
(9) Remove linch pin (14) and keeper pin (15) and open snatch block (2). Using two persons, pass winch cable
(11) through snatch block.
(10) Close snatch block (2), re-install keeper pin (15), and secure with linch pin (14).
(11) Untie rope (1) from winch cable (11).
(12) Perform step (9) of paragraph 2-26b and disconnect all rear tiedown chains from payload.
(13) Remove two shackles (25) from load binders (26) and install shackles on towing pintle (27) at rear of payload.
2-182 Change 1