Because of the weight of the snatch block, two persons are required when
handling the snatch block or injury to personnel may result.
4. Flip snatch block (2) 180 degrees and attach winch cable (11) to lower streetside towing eye (30) at
back of payload. Install bolt (11.1), nut (11.2), and retainer (11.3).
5. Winch operator must take up slack and continue to winch back payload until straight.
6. Reposition payload chock (20) to chock front of payload.
Prior to removing a winch cable from payload, winch operator must be sure the
winch cable has enough slack to relieve tension in the cable or injury to personnel
7. Winch operator must pay out enough winch cable (11) to sag to platform to relieve tension.
Extreme caution must be used when removing winch cable from payload. Cable
may be under tension or twisted. If winch cable has tension when removed, slowly
and carefully, using both hands, rotate cable to relieve tension. Do not allow cable
to twist or whip freely or injury to personnel may result.
8. Remove winch cable (11) from streetside lower towing eye (30) of payload.
9. Flip snatch block (2) back over to original position (180 degrees opposite direction).
10. Reconnect winch cable (11) to two shackles (25) on towing pintle (27). Install bolt (11.1), nut (11.2),
and retainer (11.3).
11. Winch operator must continue to winch payload back toward snatch block (2).
Change 1 2-191