(33.1) Perform steps (5) and (6) of paragraph 2-26b to adjust ramp span width.
(34) Adjust platform height as follows:
(a) Raise front of platform to 50 inches (127 cm). Check all bogies for firm contact with the ground.
(b) Lower rear of platform until support legs touch the ground. At rear of platform, distance from top of
platform to the ground should be approximately 34 inches (86 cm).
(c) If necessary, tap suspension control levers downward to lower any suspended bogies.
(35) Turn both rear support leg actuator nuts clockwise an extra one-quarter turn after initial contact with the
(36) Lower both ramps to the ground (para. 2-20). Install two curb guides (29) on beavertail.
(37) Apply semitrailer parking brakes.
It may be necessary to pull up payload, first set of road wheels, onto front payload
chocks before the payload will roll back on its own.
(38) Position curbside rear payload chock (19) at front streetside of payload, and rear streetside payload chock
(20) at front curbside of payload.
(39) Winch operator must pull forward payload, first set of road wheels, up onto front payload chocks (19 and 20).
Using tractor winch for restraint, pay out winch cable (11) and allow payload to roll off of platform. If payload
rolls off of ramps, proceed to step (41). If payload does not clear ramps, proceed to step (40).
(40) If payload stops on or does not clear loading ramps, proceed as follows:
Change 1 2-197