4-82. EMERGENCY VALVE MAINTENANCE (Con't).
Socket valve (36) is spring loaded. Use extreme caution when handling it.
Piston (33) and spring (49) must be compressed during assembly, then
carefully released. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to per-
Ensure that even pressure is applied when pushing down on piston (33). If
piston becomes jammed, damage to seal (47) and gray seal retainer cap
(48) may result.
Assistance is required to perform steps 14 and 15.
(14) Install piston (33) in valve body (38). Push down on piston and compress spring (49).
(15) Install metering rod (51) and nut assembly (50). Tighten nut assembly until snug.
(16) Install new preformed packing (39) on outer edge of valve body (38).
Ensure that marks made during disassembly are alined.
(17) Install sump plate (40) over valve body (38). Insert new preformed packing (41) in groove
between sump plate and valve body.
(18) Pull down on socket valve (36) and install elbow (42) on sump plate (40). Install eight washers
(45) and bolts (46).
(19) Install spring (43) to lever (44)
and elbow (42).
(20) Install new preformed packing
(29) and plug (28).
(21) Install new preformed packing
and pilot valve (7).
(22) Install screen (30) with four re-
tainers (31), new starwashers
(32), and screws (27).
Ensure that jet level sensor tubing
and fittings are assembled as
tagged or marked.
(23) If removed, install nipple to pilot