UNCOUPLING TRAILER FROM TOWING VEHICLE - Continued
UNCOUPLING TRAILER - Continued
15. Remove cotter pin (16) from towing vehicle pintle towing hook (17).
16. Unhook pintle towing hook (17) from trailer drawbar assembly (18).
Position of assistant must be known at all times. Do not allow anyone to
stand between towing vehicle and trailer, behind trailer, or crawl under trailer
tongue during coupling of towing vehicle to trailer. Failure to comply may
result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Do not place hands near pintle hook when coupling/uncoupling trailer drawbar
assembly and towing vehicle pintle towing hook. Towing vehicle may move
suddenly. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
If necessary, lower or raise landing gear until trailer drawbar assembly clears towing
pintle towing hook.
17. Perform towing vehicle operating procedures to start engine.
18. Drive towing vehicle forward until clear of trailer.
19. Close pintle towing hook (17).
20. Install cotter pin (16) in pintle towing hook (17).