FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM
4-5. FUEL INJECTOR LINE RUPTURE
Failure of an injector can be noticed by a loss of power or increased fuel consumption.
If either occurs the injectors and fuel lines should be inspected to determine the cause.
If the crankcase oil is overfull or has a diesel odor, remove the valve covers and inspect
the fuel lines for cracks. Operate the engine with the valve covers removed to check
for fuel leaks. Unrepaired injector lines will cause the fuel to enter the crankcase,
diluting the engine oil and resulting in early engine failure.
. Reduction of power
q 1 soldier
q 1 hour
q Vice grips
q Crimp the damaged fuel injector line shut.
1. Gain access to engine compartment.
2. Remove the valve cover of the affected cylinder.
3. Operate engine to determine failed line.
4. Disconnect the leaking line.
5. Bypass the injector by bending the remaining good line and connecting the inlet and