FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM
Procedural Steps (Cont):
6. Back off the injector rocker adjustment to prevent damage to the injector.
7. Adjust the fuel injector rack to a no fuel position at the injector.
8. Reinstall the valve covers.
9. Record the BDAR taken. When the mission is completed, as soon as practicable,
repair vehicle using standard maintenance procedures.
4-7. FUEL PUMP INTERCHANGEABILITY
The fuel pumps used on the M113 FOV are used on other similar vehicles and can be
cannibalized from US or foreign owned equipment. Fuel pumps from other Detroit
Diesel engines can be substituted. Stock numbers and part numbers may differ but
these items will interchange with the following vehicles M 107, M 108, M 110, M578,
M975 and Pershing.
1. Engine Driven Rotary Fuel Pump
2. Personnel Heater Electric Fuel Pump
3. Air Box Heater Rotary Fuel Pump
4. Engine Coolant Heater Electric Fuel Pump (Winterization Kit)