TRACK AND SUSPENSION
Procedural Steps (Cont)
5. Pry track into place using a crowbar. If a bar is not available, or if attempt is
unsuccessful, move the vehicle about a foot back and forth repeatedly, with the rocks in
place, until the track straightens itself and the track center guide is in place. Pivot
steer may be applied to put a side load on the track.
Good coordination is required between the one placing the wedging material
6. Remove the wedge and readjust the track.
7. Re-install the skirts.
8. Record the BDAR action taken. When the mission is completed, as soon as
practicable, repair the vehicle using standard maintenance procedures.
8-5. SHORT-TRACKING, IDLER ASSEMBLY DAMAGED
Use this procedure if the hull mounting plate for the idler assembly is damaged beyond
use or if there is no replacement available for a damaged idler wheel or idler arm
assembly. The maximum speed, on good terrain will be limited to 10 mph.
q Degraded mobility
q 2 soldiers
q 2-3 hours
1. Separate track midway between
4th and 5th roadwheel.
2. Remove idler assembly from
hull idler plate.
3. Remove track adjuster.
4. Remove shock absorber from
rear roadwheel support arm.