b. If the problem has not been corrected, go to step3.
3. Disconnect CX-4723 cable leading to the non-operational control box at the AM-
1780, and switch it with another CX-4723 cable at the AM-1780 receptacles.
I f the same problem occurs in the control box now connected to that
receptacle, repair or replace the AM-1780.
b. If the problem stays with the same control box, go to step 4.
4. Switch the CX-4723 cables back to their original positions on the AM-1780, and
replace the non-operational control box with a known operational control box.
a. If the problem no longer exists, replace or repair the C-10456.
b. If the problem still exists, replace or repair the CX-4723 cable between the
5. If the cable and/or the control box cannot be repaired or replaced, install the field
11-8. OBSERVABLE SYMPTOM: RADIO AND/OR INTERCOM ARE NOT WORKING
Detailed Assessment Step
1. If the radio is working properly but the intercom is not working properly, refer to
Make sure the control settings on the AM- 1780 are correct.
Make sure the switches on all control boxes are set to ALL.
Set all switches on all CVC helmets to the LISTEN or center position.
5. Check CVC helmets and connecting cables in turn by substituting a known
operational CVC helmet and connecting cable at each control box.
a. If the problem no longer exists, r e p l a c e or repair the CVC helmet or
connecting cable using standard maintenance procedures.
b. If the problem still exists, go to step 6.
6. Make sure the radio is firmly seated in the mount by loosening the mount to radio
clamps. Move the radio forward. Line up the guide pins and slide the radio firmly back
into the mount. Tighten the clamps.
If the problem no longer exists, no further actions are necessary.
b. If the problem still exists, go to step 7.