2. Verify that the distant station is too far away for squelch operation by trying to
communicate with the distant station in the NEW ON squelch position.
3. Make sure the antenna system is properly connected.
4. Make sure the antenna system is properly orientated by untying the whip antenna
and/or by repositioning the vehicle.
5. Check the antenna tuning circuits located in the antenna matching unit by having
someone listen for the sound of relays operating when the frequency is changed.
a. If the sound of relays operating is not heard, manually tune the MX-6707 to
b. If the problem still exists, go to step 6.
Replace the radio with a known operational radio.
a . If communication has been restored, repair the radio in accordance with
standard maintenance procedures.
b. If the problem still exists, refer to the troubleshooting procedures in TM 11-
11-12. OBSERVABLE SYMPTOM
THE AUXILIARY RECEIVER
IS NOT OPERATING
Detailed Assessment Steps:
1. Verify that the aux receiver is firmly connected to its mount by loosening the
receiver. Move the receiver forward. Line up the guide pins and push the aux receiver
firmly back into place. Tighten the clamps.
2. Verify that the aux receiver circuit breaker has not been tripped by turning the aux
receiver power switch to OFF and then back to ON RESET.
3. Check that the cables are connected properly and are in good condition.
If a defective cable is found, follow the procedures listed below:
R e p l a c e the defective c a b l e in accordance with standard r e p a i r
(2) Replace the defective cables with an acceptable replacement cable listed