(3) Repair the cable in accordance with the procedures in para. 11-30 or the
b. If the problem still exists, go to step 4.
4. Check that the aux receiver tuning controls are set correctly by attempting to
If the problem no longer exists, no further actions are necessary.
b. If the problem still exists, go to step 5.
Replace the aux receiver with a known operational aux receiver.
a . If communication has been restored, repair the receiver using standard
b. If the problem still exists, follow the troubleshooting procedures in TM 11-
11-13. OBSERVABLE SYMPTOM:
THE KY-57 (KY-38) SPEECH SECURITY SYSTEM
DOES NOT HAVE POWER
Detailed Assessment Steps
1. Make sure the circuit breaker has not been tripped by turning off the KY-57 (KY-
38) power switch and then turning it back to ON.
Make sure the KY-57 (KY-38) is securely mounted by loosening the clamps and
moving the KY-57 (KY-38) forward. Line up the guide pins and slide the KY-57 (KY-38)
firmly back into the mount. Tighten the clamps.
3. Check that cables are connected properly.
Do not attempt to repair any cables. Repair might breach security.
Check cables for damaged or torn insulation.
If a defective cable is found, follow the procedures listed below:
( 1 ) Replace the defective c a b l e in accordance with standard repair
(2) Replace the defective cable with an acceptable replacement cable listed