Procedural Steps (Cont):
Cut the required length from telephone wire.
3. Cut three reflector elements approximately the same length as the radiating
element. Strip the insulation from one end of the three reflectors. Twist together and
connect to an insulator.
to form a triangular support for the
4. Tie together three sticks, 3-feet in length,
lower end of the reflector elements.
5. Connect the lower end of the reflector elements and triangular support using three
6. Connect one end of the radiating element to the insulator at the upper end of the
reflector elements. Make sure radiator does not touch the three reflectors.
7. Connect an insulator and a suspension rope or wire to the upper end of the
radiating element. If wire is used for suspension, make sure suspension wire does not
touch the radiator.