5-10. ELECTRICAL RECEPTACLE MAINTENANCE
(1) Remove two nuts (1), and two washers (2)
from two screws (3).
(2) Remove receptacle (4) from junction box
(5). If not damaged, save gasket (6) for
(3) Disconnect wire
(4) Remove three screws (7) and then
separate junction box (5) from housing (9).
Remove and discard junction box packing
b. Cleaning. Clean electrical receptacle parts as
c. Repair. Repair of the electrical receptacle is
limited to the following:
(1) Clean electrical contacts.
(2) If receptacle
(1) Install junction box packing (8) in groove
of housing (9).
(2) Place junction box (5) on housing (9) and
install three screws (7). Tighten screws to
51 to 64 pound-inches.
(3) Make sure wire leads are inserted through
hole in gasket (6), and then attach wire
leads to electrical receptacle (4) terminals.
See wiring diagram.
(4) Position electrical receptacle (4) in
junction box (5) with gasket (6) in place
making sure wire leads are not trapped
between receptacle and junction box.