5-12. LATCH COVER LEVER
(4) Depress spring (4) and thrust washer (5)
by hand until hole A is visible above thrust
(5) Insert 1/4-inch diameter punch in hole A.
(6) Remove spring pin (7) from lever (1) and
remove lever from latch (6).
Use extreme care while removing pin
from hole A. The spring (4) is under
tension and can move up quickly and
cause injury to personnel.
(7) Depress spring (4) by pressing down on
thrust washer (5) and remove 1/4-inch
diameter punch from hole A.
(8) Remove washer (8), thrust washer (5),
spring (4) and latch (6) from housing (9).
(9) Remove and discard latch packing (10)
from latch (6).
b. Cleaning. Clean the latch cover lever parts as
(1) Inspect all parts for evidence of wear or
(2) Spring (4). Inspect spring as follows:
deformation, or permanent set.
(b) If free length is not 6.36 0.10
inches, discard spring.
d. Repair. Repair is limited to replacement of