5-12. LATCH COVER LEVER
(1) Lightly lubricate new latch packing (10)
and groove of latch (6) with petrolatum
packing in groove of latch.
(2) Install spring (4), thrust washer (5) and
washer (8) in housing (9).
(3) Insert latch (6) into hole in bottom of
(4) Push down on thrust washer (5) to
compress spring (4) until hole A is visible
above thrust washer.
(5) Insert 1/4-inch diameter punch into hole A
of latch (6).
Locking tab of latch (6) shall be
directly opposite and in line with
handle of lever (1) when lever is in
UNLOCK position. In DISENGAGE
position, locking tab of latch shall
point to the left.
(6) Attach lever (1) to latch (6) with spring pin
(7), making sure lever and latch are
properly alined and with spring pin
centered in lever.
(7) Depress spring (4) and remove 1/4 inch
diameter punch from hole A.