TM 9-3405-206-14 & P
5. Assemble motor pulley (A) Fig. 8, to the motor shaft as shown. When
assembling the motor pulley (A) to the motor shaft it is necessary to use 3/4"
to 5/8" reducing bushing on the motor shaft. NOTE: motors recommended
for use with this band saw have 5/8' motor shafts. The motor pulley (A) Fig.
is supplied with
a 3/4" bore
it to be interchanged with the gear box
pulley (B) as explained later in this manual.
6 Using a Straightedge align the inside grooves of the pulleys (A) and (B) to
the pulley (C) Fig .8. The pulleys can be moved in or out on the shafts and
also the motor mounting plate can be moved if necessary.
7. Assemble the large V-Belt (D) to the inside groove of the motor pulley (A)
and to the large pulley (C).
Assemble the smaller V-Belt to any one of the remaining three grooves of the
motor pulley (A) and the corresponding groove of the gear box pulley (B) Fig.
8. Adjust for proper belt tension by raising or lowering the motor on the motor
mounting plate. Keep pulleys in alignment 'hen doing this. Correct belt
tension is obtained when there is approximately 1" deflection in the center
span of the pulleys with light finger pressure.
ASSEMBLING BELT AND PULLEY GUARD
1. Remove both V-belts from the pulleys.
2. Place the belt and pulley guard (A) Fig. 9, on the top shelf over the
belt opening and position the two clamps (B) over the guard flanges and
under the top of the stand as shown. Use the four roundhead screws in
the bottom of clamps to fasten in place.
3. Replace both V-belts and place door (C) Fig. 9, on hinges.
Place table insert (A) Fig. 10, in the hole provided in the table making
sure the pin in the table engages one of the indents in the table insert.