DISASSEMBLY OF THE BEARINGS (CHY)
Most bearings of machines are easily replacable; although
the honing head Part #AC-43 and Part #AC-43A are sold and are
serviced in a complete unit. Individual bearings may be replaced
by adhering to these few simple hints-
(1) Follow the directions given by the bearing manufacturer for the new bearings supplied.
(2) When disassembling ball bearings and side of machine remember that bearing housings if replaced may vary
slightly due to the bearing manufacturers tolerance requirements. Note: When using other than Bearing
Replacement Set-Part No. ACH34A. Facing the bearing holding Parts ACH 19 and ACH 18 (The lever arm
assembly on side of machine) the upper left hand screw of the 4 bolts holding bearing assembly should not
exceed 2-1/8" if new bolts are used. As bolt manufacturers may vary the length of bolts in practice. Use a
long 2" bolts or a short 2-1/4" bolt to prevent connecting rod from touching bolt when lever is fully depressed.
(3) When Replacing Ball Bearings, After tightening down completely, loosen screw slightly and move shaft
approximately 1/8 turn using a plastic hammer or other soft object such as a piece of wood. Give the shaft a
slight rap. Retighten bolts of bearing and secure. This will insure an ultra smooth action arid will give the
machine bearing a free action. If shaft is not completely free and smooth working; repeat procedure above .
This will usually be required only once on a new bearing. Bearings are self-alining and will stay in alinement
until loosened or replaced.
(4) Should Main Pulley Bearing ever be disassembled or replaced, it should be indicated in with a good shop
(5) When replaced, Idler shaft bearings should be tapped into alinement as described above and run in for
perfect service at high speed. If bearings are used continuously at high speed, follow manufacturers
recommendation for changing (due to lessened bearing life). Heavy duty Idler Shaft Part # ACH 40-B should
be replaced at that time also.
(6) Special bearings for extreme hot and cold climates are available