SAFETY-GRIP CONNECTORS AND CAPS
TRIPLE-LOCK CORD GRIP
1. Cord clamp grips cable jacket.
2. Internal pressure clamp grips conductor covering.
3. Terminal clamp grips the bare conductor.
Triple-Lock Cord Grip reduces wire slippage as all
flexible cord components are secured. Internal grip
prevents insulation from creeping up under severe use
and shorting out when loose strands co.-tact each other.
DUAL RANGE CORD CLAMP
4. Small size clamp (red) for No. 16 and No. 18 wire.
5. Large size clamp (black) for No. 12 and No. 14 wire.
New design clamp reduces cord crushing which can
short out internal wires. Red clamp is used with small
cord and can be removed when No. 14 or No. 12 wire is
6. Neoprene gasket under cord grip seals cord entering
cap or connector body.
Prevents dust, moisture or metal chips from sharing
NEMA RETENTION CONTACTS
7. Power contacts backed by spring steel clip.
Heavy duty contacts backed by steal clip meets NEMA
WD 1-1965 plug retention requirements. Inadequate
retention can cause overheating and other operating
inefficiencies. In addition poor retention can allow plugs
to disconnect from the connector and interrupt service.