Table 4-1. Unit Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Model F5000RE - Continued
Not Fully Mission
(c) Rinse the scrub brush with clean
water and rinse the fins by
carefully brushing up and down.
Continue to rinse and brush as
needed to clean the coil.
(2) If fins are bent, carefully straighten
them using fin comb
The cover panel must be removed for the following
Flange bearing mounts
are loose or fan drive
missing mounting hardware and looseness
of fan drive shaft in bearing. If loose,
tighten or replace it as necessary (para
b. Service the flange bearings by lubricating
(1) Wipe grease fitting with a clean rag.
(2) Pump grease gun handle until a flow of
clean grease (MIL-G-23549) comes
(3) Attach grease gun nozzle to grease
fitting and pump handle until grease
just begins coming out around bearing.
(4) Remove grease gun nozzle and wipe
away excess grease with a clean rag.