This task covers:
(1) Check that the refrigerant system has not been pumped down (para 4-46). If it has, open necessary valves
Follow instructions for specific refrigerant recovery unit being used to avoid compressor
oil loss. Loss of oil could result m compressor damage.
Venting tetrafluoroethane refrigerant into the atmosphere rather than recovering it is
subject to pending EPA restrictions. Venting the refrigerant may be a violation of public
law and subject to severe penalties.
(2) Open service manifold pressure and compound gauge valves.
(3) Open service manifold charge valve. Operate recovery unit until all refrigerant has been removed from
(4) Close service manifold valves.
(5) Shut-down refrigerant recovery unit.