COMPONENTS OF END ITEM (COEI) AND BASIC ISSUE ITEMS LIST
SECTION I. INTRODUCTION
This appendix list components of the end item and basic issue items for the refrigeration unit to help you inventory the
items for safe and efficient operation of the equipment.
The Components of End Item (COEI) and Basic issue Items (BII) Lists are divided into the following sections:
a. Section II, Components of End Item. This listing is for information purposes only, and is not authority to
requisition replacements. These items are part of the refrigeration unit. As part of the end item, these items must be
with the end item whenever it is issued or transferred between property accounts. Items of COEI are removed and
separately packaged for transportation or furnished to help you find and identify the items.
b. Section III, Basic Issue Items. These essential items are required to place the refrigeration unit in operation,
operate it, and to do emergency repairs. Although shipped separately packaged, BII must be with the refrigeration unit
during operation and when it is transferred between property accounts. This list is your authority to request/requisition
them for replacement based on authorization of the end item by the TOE/MTOE. Illustrations are furnished to help you
find and identify the items.
Explanation of Columns.
(1) Column (1), Illus Number, gives you the number of the item illustrated.
(2) Column (2), National Stock Number, identifies the stock number of the item to be used for requisitioning
(3) Column (3), Description and Usable On Code, identifies the Federal item name (in all capital letters)
followed by a minimum description when needed. The last line below the description is the Commercial and Government
Entity Code (CAGEC) (m parentheses) and the part number.
(4) Column (4), U/I (unit of issue), indicates how the item is issued for the National Stock Number shown in
(5) Column (5), Qty Rqd, indicates the quantity required.
SECTION II. COMPONENTS OF END ITEM
There are no loose or separate components supplied with this refrigeration unit.