(7) Remove two screws from each end of the pressure cutout switch housing. Be careful to avoid kinking
(8) Remove the four screws, lockwashers and nuts from the corners of the power input receptacle.
(9) Pull knob of circuit breaker reset flexible cable all the way out (about 2-1/2inches). Grip the shaft firmly
with copper-jawed pliers, and unscrew the knob. Remove panel mounting nut and lockwasher from ferrule of cable
assembly, so that cable is free of panel.
(11) Loosen the two setscrews in the hub of the condenser fan impeller; and remove the impeller from the
motor shaft. Use two 1/4-20 jackscrews in the threaded holes in the hub if necessary to remove the impeller.
(12) Unscrew but do not remove four screws which attach the baffle to the motor mount assembly. Remove
the baffle carefully to avoid losing spacers and screws.
(13) Carefully remove two socket-head cap. screws, lockwashers, flat washers and bushings which secure
the motor mounting feet to the cross-bar of the mounting assembly.
(14) Drill out 23 rivets in the sides of the back panel and remove the back panel and motor mount assembly
from the air conditioner.
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the back panel and motor mount assembly as follows:
(1) Separate the motor mount assembly from the back panel by drilling out eight internally threaded blind
rivets from the circumference.
(2) Remove information and data plates by drilling out rivets at the corners or ends of the plates.
d. Inspection. Inspect the back panel for dents. cuts or perforations, and for deformation. Inspect motor mount
assembly for deformation or broken welds. Replace parts exhibiting major damage.
e. Repair. Repair dented or bent panel, using conventional sheet-metal repair methods. Re-weld broken welds
in motor mount assembly if no misalignment will result.
f. Assembly. Assemble the back panel and motor mount assembly as indicated in the following steps:
(1) Position information and data plates in the proper locations, and secure with blind rivets.
(2) Clamp the flange of the motor mount assembly against the inner surface of the back panel, using two or
more drift pins, or equivalent, to align rivet holes. Install eight internally threaded blind rivets from the outside surface.
g. Installation. Install the back panel and motor mount assembly on the air conditioner in accordance with the
(1) Wire or tie the assembly in its appropriate position on the back of the air conditioner, so that the panel
hangs from its top to pen&it to swing outward far enough to allow room to work inside.
(2) Position the pressure cutout switch housing against the inside of the panel, and secure with two screws in
(3) Place the spacer over the window side of the sight-glass liquid indicator, and the mounting bracket over
the back of the indicator. Work the hole in the panel into position over the sight-glass, and thread two screws and
lockwashers into the bracket, finger tight.
(4) Install the power supply receptacle in the hole in the lower right-hand corner of the back panel. Secure
with four screws, lockwashers and nuts.