e. Insert the high-pressure cutout switch in the upper part of the housing. Lead capillary tube up to comer and to
remain@ notch, Secure switch with two screws. Install capillary tubes and grommets in notches. Tag connecting end for
Install the pressure cutout switches in the air conditioner as directed in the following steps:
a. Carefully lead ends of the wire leads and capillary tubes down inside the back of the air conditioner while -
placing the switch housing in position. Secure the housing with four screws through the casing into nut plates on the
b. Connect capillary tube from the high-pressure cutout switcb to the tee fitting in the discharge line from the
compressor. hand tight. Connect the capillary tube from the low-pressure switch to the cross fitting in the suction line to
the compressor, hand tight. Using two wrenches. one on each side of the joint. tighten the connections.
c. Tape or wire-tie wire leads to the wiring harness bundle. Coil slack capillary tubing into 3-inch or larger
coils, and tape to a nearby tube or other support.
d. Replace falter-drier (dehydrator)
in the following procedure:
(1) u nscrew flare nuts from top and bottom connections of falter-drier.
(2) Remove the screw holding the band clamp to the casing. and remove band clamp and filter-drier.
Do not remove caps from the connections of a new filter-drier until ready to connect system tubing.
(3) Place band clamp on a new filter-drier in such a position that the direction-&flow arrow will point up
when installed. Attach the falter-drier and band clamp to the casing with the screw previously removed. or equivalent.
(4) Connect tubing to top and bottom of the filter-drier with the flare nuts on the tubing. Use a back-up
wrench on the falter-drier connections when tightening flare nuts.
e. Leak-test the system in accordance with the instructions in paragraph 5.24.
f. When the system has been verified free from leaks, install the junction box and control panel assemblies as
g. Install grilles, panels and fabric cover as directed in the following procedures:
(1) Place top panel in position on top of the air conditioner. Secure with 15 screws and packing washers
top, and five screws through the rear flange.
(2) Fit the fabri ccover to the back of the air conditioner, and adjust until eyelets register with screw holes.
Secure with 18 screws and washers.
(3) Insert the air filter into the retaining channel and clip. Then position the air intake grille on the air condi-
tioner. Secure it by turning the six cam-lock fasteners clockwise.
(4) Install the lower panel on the air comditioner, and secure it with the two panel fastener screws in the upper
h. Evacuate and charge the refrigeration system as directed in paragraphs 5.25 and 5.26. Pressure test as
Close service valves, and remove gauges. Install caps on valves. Install fresh air screen, and secure with five